La Salle Middle School
Rooted in the Lasallian tradition of making a quality education accessible to all, we provide excellence in education, promote service, justice, care, inclusivity, community and zeal.
We proudly proclaim, “I am somebody!”
PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION
The staff of La Salle Middle School believes that the purpose of education is to create learning experiences that are liberating and empowering. This belief calls for the education of the whole person according to his or her developmental needs. Our students seek that empowered sense of self that comes from learning and testing new skills and goals in the presence of strong mentoring, support, and exposure to diverse role models.
We, in partnership with parents and guardians, believe that each student can excel in academics and in life regardless of environmental influences, socioeconomic status, or race/ethnic background.
La Salle Middle School sees its mission as giving due emphasis to the human, cultural and intellectual development of its students to prepare for success in high school, college, and the workplace.
Breakfast, lunch and snack will be provided for all students. Food or drink from the outside is not permitted, except for clear water bottles containing water.
TAKE A MOMENT AND ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION?
Does my child do the same things other children his or her age do? Some children need help walking, talking, seeing, hearing or learning. If you feel your child needs help, contact the professionals at LaSalle Middle School by emailing email@example.com, or asking to speak with Mary Tovar in room 206, at 314-531-9820, extension 1009. Special education services are available to all eligible children birth through high school, in both public and private settings, including children who are highly mobile, homeless or wards of the state.
Early detection is the key to helping your child get off to a good start. Getting help today prepares your child for future success.
This purpose of this policy is to outline the District’s approach to ensuring environments and opportunities for all students to practice healthy eating and physical activity behaviors throughout the school day while minimizing commercial distractions. Specifically, this policy establishes goals and procedures to ensure that:
- Students in the District have access to healthy foods throughout the school day, both through reimbursable school meals and other foods available throughout the school campus, in accordance with Federal and state nutrition standards.
- Students receive quality nutrition education that helps them develop lifelong healthy eating behaviors.
- Students have opportunities to be physically active before, during and after school.
- Schools engage in nutrition and physical activity promotion and other activities that promote student wellness.
- School staff are encouraged and supported to practice healthy nutrition and physical activity behaviors in and out of school.
- The community is encouraged to support the work of the District in creating continuity between school and other settings for students and staff to practice lifelong healthy habits.
- The District establishes and maintains an infrastructure for management, oversight, implementation and communication about and monitoring of the policy and its established goals and objectives.
This policy applies to all students and staff in the District.